from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A minor or unspecified object or article.
- n. A set of light, open shelves for ornaments.
- pro. Any of various additional or unspecified things or items: "family differences, differing social origins, and whatnot” ( George F. Kennan).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small unspecified object; bric-a-brac (in plural)
- n. Other related objects or ideas.
- n. A freestanding set of shelves on which ornaments are displayed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of stand, or piece of furniture, having shelves for books, ornaments, etc.; an étagère.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stand or set of shelves on which to keep or display small articles of curiosity or ornament, as well as books, papers, etc.; an étagère.
- n. Anything; no matter what; what you please. See what not, under what, A.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. miscellaneous curios
what + not (Wiktionary)