from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See pentacle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The shape of a five-pointed star constructed of five intersecting lines meeting at the vertices, such that a central pentagon and five surrounding isosceles triangles are formed; often with magical connotations.
- n. a 5/2 star polygon
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pentacle or a pentalpha.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A five-pointed or five-lobed figure, as the figure of a five-rayed star; specifically, the magic sign also called pentacle. See pentacle.
- n. In geometry, a five-sided polygram.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a star with 5 points; formed by 5 straight lines between the vertices of a pentagon and enclosing another pentagon
From Greek πεντάγραμμον (pentagrammon), noun form of the adjectives πεντάγραμμος (pentagrammos) and πεντέγραμμος (pentegrammos), five-lined, having five lines. (Wiktionary)