from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Chiefly British Used to express thanks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Thanks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To take.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete or provincial reduction of take.
- n. Middle English forms of toe.
- n. The chemical symbol of tantalum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hard grey lustrous metallic element that is highly resistant to corrosion; occurs in niobite and fergusonite and tantalite
Baby-talk alteration of thank you.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Most likely influenced by the Danish word tak, the Swedish word tack, and the Icelandic word takk, meaning thanks, via a process of final consonant deletion see Wikipedia. (Wiktionary)