from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element sodium.
- abbr. Bible Nahum
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for sodium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- No, not. See no.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete or dialectal (Scotch) form of no.
- In chem., the symbol for sodium (NL. natrium).
- An abbreviation of National Academy of Design.
- An abbreviaton of National Academy of Sciences.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group; occurs abundantly in natural compounds (especially in salt water); burns with a yellow flame and reacts violently in water; occurs in sea water and in the mineral halite (rock salt)
From New Latin natrium, from French natron, natron; see natron.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin natrium. (Wiktionary)