American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- The symbol for the element sodium.
- abbr. Bible Nahum
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete or dialectal (Scotch) form of no.
- In chem., the symbol for sodium (NL. natrium).
- An abbreviation of National Academy of Design.
- An abbreviaton of National Academy of Sciences.
- n. chemistry Symbol for sodium.
GNU Webster's 1913
- obsolete No, not. See no.
- n. a silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group; occurs abundantly in natural compounds (especially in salt water); burns with a yellow flame and reacts violently in water; occurs in sea water and in the mineral halite (rock salt)
- Latin natrium. (Wiktionary)
- From New Latin natrium, from French natron, natron; see natron. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The second band upstairs was the rockabilly/swing band the Straight 8s, who were fun ok, I watched _Sha Na Na_ as a child, sue me.”
“Overall, the characteristics of the fast diatom currents most closely resemble those of vertebrate and invertebrate muscle Na This is the first demonstration of voltage-activated Na+ channels and the capacity to generate fast Na+-based action potentials in a unicellular photosynthetic organism.”
“These values likely represent the lower limit of increased Na + movement and energy demand by the electrocyte-trials with larger Increased Na+ influx during the enhanced electrocyte AP.”
“+ current, which was significantly blocked by the Na Pharmacology of the diatom Na+ current.”
“Na Na is a Russky version of 'N Sync, and now the Russian culture minister wants to enroll them in the space program, since "[t] heir healthy optimism, stability and sense of tradition could be a symbol for young Russians".”
“The first hint of the emergence of this young woman can already be found in the figure of Rachel, heroine of the aforementioned novel, Ha-Avot ve-ha-Banim (published originally under the title Na’omi).”
“The "Africaner style" probaly comes from the main Na'vi character being a black lady, and much of the music appears quite Asian”
“South Korea's Kim Yu-Na is first after the short program with a record 78.50 points, followed by Japan's Mao Asada (73.78) and Canada's Joannie Rochette (71.36).”
“… It's all what the judges are looking for, and apparently Yu Na is what the judges are looking for when it comes to jump quality and spin quality and her edges and all that.”
“Yu Na is capable of stepping it up and staying on her game.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Na’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Na.