from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of roe.
- n. In Egypt, mythol., the sovereign sun-god of the Memphite system, the chief Egyptian personification of the Supreme Being.
- n. A prefix in some words of French origin, ultimately from re- and ad-. See rabate, rabbet, rapport, etc.
- n. A terminal moraine.
- n. A chemical symbol of radium. Rd is more generally used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores
- n. ancient Egyptian sun god with the head of a hawk; a universal creator; he merged with the god Amen as Amen-Ra to become the king of the gods
- n. (astronomy) the equatorial coordinate specifying the angle, measured eastward along the celestial equator, from the vernal equinox to the intersection of the hour circle that passes through an object in the sky; usually expressed in hours and minutes and seconds; used with declination to specify positions on the celestial sphere
Sorry, no etymologies found.