from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element antimony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for antimony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., the symbol for antimony (in Latin stibium).
- n. In astronomy, an abbreviation of (Schönfeld's) Southern Bonn Durchmusterung (see Durchmusterung). Usage is divided between this abbreviation and S. D. M. (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bachelor's degree in science
- n. a metallic element having four allotropic forms; used in a wide variety of alloys; found in stibnite
From Latin stibium; see stibnite.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin stibium. (Wiktionary)