from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A meal typically eaten late in the morning as a combination of a late breakfast and an early lunch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A meal eaten later in the day than breakfast and earlier than lunch, replacing both meals, and often consisting of some foods that would normally be eaten at breakfast and some foods that would normally be eaten at lunch.
- v. To eat brunch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a late breakfast or an early lunch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Oxford University slang, a meal which takes the place of breakfast and lunch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. eat a meal in the late morning
- n. combination breakfast and lunch; usually served in late morning
br(eakfast) + (l)unch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of breakfast and lunch (Wiktionary)