American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To chew food audibly or with a steady working of the jaws.
- v. To eat with pleasure.
- v. To chew or eat (food) audibly or with pleasure.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To chew deliberately or continuously; masticate audibly; champ.
- To chew continuously and noisily.
- n. Something to eat.
- v. To chew with a grinding, crunching sound -- often used with on.
- v. To eat vigorously or with excitement.
- n. A location or restaurant where good eating can be expected.
- n. An act of eating.
- n. uncountable, slang food.
- n. BDSM A casual meeting for those interested in BDSM, usually at a restaurant. See Munch (BDSM).
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To chew with a grinding, crunching sound, as a beast chews provender; to chew deliberately or in large mouthfuls.
- n. a large bite
- v. chew noisily
- n. Norwegian painter (1863-1944)
- Middle English monchen. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Ivan is probably one of the less ermm * munch munch* associated person with SG5.”
“Oh well, there will be more quizzes …. * munch, munch, munch* ….”
“Me: Yummy, yummy. * munch munch munch* Rosalind (blushing):”
“Me: * munch munch munch* Rosalind: How does it taste?”
“I can't wait to taste it. * munch munch** munch munch** gulp* Mmm … It's absolutely delicious.”
“Okay, it looks really good. * munch munch* Egan: How is it?”
“Hmm ... * munch munch munch* AAAARRGH I said I wanted Something, and you insult us both by giving me this? ”
“The patrons at Hogei-sen, which means whale ship in Japanese, munch away on fried whale or sliced raw whale red meat for 1,360 yen (15 dollars) per serving.”
“Macbeth is the only other play by Shakespeare in which the word "munch" appears, here in the mouth of one of the witches:”
“There are words that are distinctly girlie words: "munch" is one of them.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘munch’.
words (seemingly) formed in imitation of a natural sound
words that describe sound
words for quiet sounds
( randomness, descriptive )
Eat is a boring word.
Words used to create the names of Pokémon, which are usually portmanteaux.
Words we have to use all the time, but that doesn't mean they sound good. In fact, they kind of suck. See also this list.
Temporary list is temporary.
Collecting a few words here, which are then to be alloted to other lists.
Words that have funny meanings or are just fun to say.
Words I stumbled across.
Looking for tweets for munch.