from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To chew food audibly or with a steady working of the jaws.
- intransitive v. To eat with pleasure.
- transitive v. To chew or eat (food) audibly or with pleasure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To chew with a grinding, crunching sound -- often used with on.
- v. To eat vigorously or with excitement.
- n. A location or restaurant where good eating can be expected.
- n. An act of eating.
- n. food.
- n. A casual meeting for those interested in BDSM, usually at a restaurant. See Munch (BDSM).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To chew with a grinding, crunching sound, as a beast chews provender; to chew deliberately or in large mouthfuls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To chew deliberately or continuously; masticate audibly; champ.
- To chew continuously and noisily.
- n. Something to eat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large bite
- v. chew noisily
- n. Norwegian painter (1863-1944)
Ivan is probably one of the less ermm * munch munch* associated person with SG5.
Oh well, there will be more quizzes …. * munch, munch, munch* ….
Me: Yummy, yummy. * munch munch munch* Rosalind (blushing):
Me: * munch munch munch* Rosalind: How does it taste?
I can't wait to taste it. * munch munch** munch munch** gulp* Mmm … It's absolutely delicious.
Okay, it looks really good. * munch munch* Egan: How is it?
Hmm ... * munch munch munch* AAAARRGH I said I wanted Something, and you insult us both by giving me this? "
The patrons at Hogei-sen, which means whale ship in Japanese, munch away on fried whale or sliced raw whale red meat for 1,360 yen (15 dollars) per serving.
Macbeth is the only other play by Shakespeare in which the word "munch" appears, here in the mouth of one of the witches:
There are words that are distinctly girlie words: "munch" is one of them.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.