from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A drinking mug, usually in the shape of a stout man wearing a large three-cornered hat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A drinking mug, in the shape of a human head with a hat atop.
- n. (New Zealand) The valve that mediates the connection between a mains water-supply and a premises's own plumbing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small jug, pitcher, or mug, generally used for ale, shaped somewhat like a stout man, with a cocked hat forming the brim.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of cheap cigar.
- n. A small jug usually representing in its form a stout old man with a three-cornered hat, the angles of which form spouts for pouring out the liquor contained in the vessel: it is frequently used as a mug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drinking mug in the shape of a stout man wearing a three-cornered hat
After Toby, a nickname for Tobias.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)