from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who proposes the toasts and introduces the speakers at a banquet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who introduces speakers, and proposes toasts at a formal dinner; a master of ceremonies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person who presides at a public dinner or banquet, and announces the toasts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who, at a public dinner or similar entertainment, is appointed to propose or announce the toasts: in the United States he is usually the one who presides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the person who proposes toasts and introduces speakers at a banquet
Sorry, no etymologies found.