from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large tropical American lizards of the family Iguanidae, often having spiny projections along the back.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several members of the lizard family Iguanidae.
- n. Any member of the genus Iguana.
- n. A green iguana (Iguana iguana); a large tropical American lizard often kept as a pet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any species of the genus Iguana, a genus of large American lizards of the family Iguanidæ. They are arboreal in their habits, usually green in color, and feed chiefly upon fruits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large lizard of the warmer parts of America, of the genus Iguana; also, some similar lizard of a related genus.
- n. [capitalized] The typical and leading genus of the family Iguanidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back; used as human food in Central America and South America
Spanish, from Arawak iwana.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Spanish iguana, from Taino iwana. (Wiktionary)