from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of ventricose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and anatomy: Bellying; resembling a belly; swelled up or out; distended; ventricose.
- In conchology, having the whorls or the valves of the shell swollen or strongly convex. See cuts under Dolium, Turbo, bivalve, and Pectinidæ.
- In botany, same as ventricose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a swelling on one side
Sorry, no etymologies found.