from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inflated, swollen, or distended, especially on one side: the ventricose gullet of an insect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. distended; corpulent
- adj. Broadest in the middle and tapering toward the ends
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Swelling out on one side or unequally; bellied; ventricular.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a large abdomen'; corpulent.
- In botany, swelling out in the middle; swelling unequally, or inflated on one side; distended; inflated; bellied: as, a ventricose corolla or perianth.
- In conchology, ventricous. See ventricous, .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a swelling on one side
New Latin ventricōsus, from Latin venter, ventr-, belly.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)