from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, affecting, or resembling a gland or its secretion.
- adj. Functioning as a gland.
- adj. Having glands.
- adj. Resulting from the abnormal function of glands or a gland.
- adj. Innate; visceral: has a glandular aversion to materialistic values.
- adj. Carnal; sensual.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a gland or glands.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing or supporting glands; consisting of glands; pertaining to glands.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or resembling a gland; having the character or function of a gland; affecting a gland: as, glandular texture; glandular organs; a glandular disease.
- Containing or supporting glands; consisting of a gland or glands; glanduliferous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or affecting or functioning as a gland
French glandulaire, from glandule, small gland, from Latin glandula; see gland1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
18th century. Latin glandula ("little acorn") (Wiktionary)