from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or in the region of the uterus: the uterine canal; uterine contractions.
- adj. Having the same mother but different fathers.
- adj. Being enclosed and dark; womblike.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the uterus
- adj. born of the same mother
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or instrument to the uterus, or womb.
- adj. Born of the same mother, but by a different father.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the uterus or womb; as, uterine complaints.
- Born of the same mother, but by a different father.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or involving the uterus
Middle English, from Late Latin uterīnus, from Latin uterus, uterus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)