from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a neck or a cervix.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of the neck
- adj. of the cervix
- n. A cervical vertebra
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the neck.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the neck: as, the cervical nerves; cervical vessels; cervical vertebræ.
- In medicine, pertaining to the cervix or neck of the uterus: as, cervical endometritis.
- In ornithology, of or pertaining to the cervix, scruff, or back of the neck, or to the auchenium, just behind the nape of the neck: as, a cervical collar.
- n. A cervical part or organ; especially, a cervical vertebra.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the cervix of the uterus
- adj. relating to or associated with the neck
From Latin cervīx, cervīc-, neck; see cervix.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin cervix, "the neck, nape of the neck". (Wiktionary)