American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a neck or a cervix.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the neck: as, the cervical nerves; cervical vessels; cervical vertebræ.
- In medicine, pertaining to the cervix or neck of the uterus: as, cervical endometritis.
- In ornithology, of or pertaining to the cervix, scruff, or back of the neck, or to the auchenium, just behind the nape of the neck: as, a cervical collar.
- n. A cervical part or organ; especially, a cervical vertebra.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Anat.) Of or pertaining to the neck.
- adj. of or relating to the cervix of the uterus
- adj. relating to or associated with the neck
- From Latin cervix, "the neck, nape of the neck". (Wiktionary)
- From Latin cervīx, cervīc-, neck; see cervix. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“It is at the point where it forms this angle that it gives off what I call the cervical fold, which forms the boundary of the top front edge of the scapular shield, but is lost at a point in the shoulder nearly over the centre of the fore limb.”
“Additionally, expertise in cervical spinal trauma and other spinal disorders is available.”
“And the role of HPV in cervical cancer has international importance: cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women in large parts of Africa, Latin America and Asia, and the third most frequent cancer in women worldwide.”
“It was initially disappointing not to detect this DNA in cervical cancer biopsies.”
“Their subsequent identification of two novel HPV subtypes in cervical cancers formed the essential piece of evidence linking HPV infection to the onset of the disease.”
“The Laureates discuss the differing timelines behind the breakthroughs in cervical cancer and HIV, how their discoveries were applied to creating treatments (10: 37), the difficulties involved in making a vaccine for HIV (19: 30), and why viruses might play a more important role in cancer (29: 30).”
“Against the prevailing view during the 1970s, Harald zur Hausen postulated a role for human papilloma virus (HPV) in cervical cancer.”
“There were a number of reports which seemed to confirm that there are increased antibody titres to herpes simplex type 2 in cervical cancer patients.”
“Discovery of HPV, human papilloma virus, in cervical cancer”
“I declined to participate in cervical screening 30 years ago and still decline & have recently decided against mammograms.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cervical’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
abducens.....draw..., ablation.....carr..., acetylcholine......., adrenalin.....nea..., afferent.....to c..., agnosia.....no kn..., alar.....wing-like, alexia.....no words, alveus.....canal, amacrine.....no l..., ambidextrous........, ambiguus.....doub... and 701 more...
This quickly got bigger and weirder than originally intended, so now it's housing terms that relate to the study of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. See also Dinosaurs, Pterosaurs, Ichthy...
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Looking for tweets for cervical.