from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of the same lineage or origin; having a common ancestor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Related by birth; descended from the same parent or ancestor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the same blood; related by birth; descended from the same parent or ancestor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the same blood; related by birth; descended from the same parent or ancestor.
- More specifically Of the same father by different wives; characterized by this relation. Also consanguinean Maine.
- Pertaining to or affected by the relation of consanguinity.
- In petrography, derived from a common parent magma: said of igneous rocks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. related by blood
From Latin cōnsanguineus : com-, com- + sanguineus, of blood; see sanguine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Learned borrowing from Latin consanguineosus (with English -ous), from com- ("together") + sanguineus ("of or pertaining to blood"), from sanguis ("blood") (Wiktionary)