from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Secreting externally, directly or through a duct: exocrine cells.
- adj. Of, relating to, or produced by an exocrine gland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing external secretions that are released through a duct.
- adj. Pertaining to the exocrine glands or their secretions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gland that secretes externally through a duct
- adj. of or relating to exocrine glands or their secretions
exo- + Greek krīnein, to separate; see krei- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)