from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or consisting of various kinds or forms; diverse. See Synonyms at miscellaneous.
- adj. Having been modified or altered.
- adj. Of several colors; varicolored or variegated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of vary.
- adj. diverse or miscellaneous
- adj. having been changed or modified
- adj. variegated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Changed; altered; various; diversified
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Altered: partially changed; changed.
- Characterized by variety; consisting of various kinds or sorts: as, a varied assortment of goods.
- Differing from one another; diverse; various: as, commerce with its varied interests.
- Variegated in color: as, the varied thrush
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. broken away from sameness or identity or duplication
- adj. characterized by variety
- adj. widely different
Sorry, no etymologies found.