Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Evangelical; designed or tending to evangelize; pertaining to an evangelist or his labors: as, evangelistic methods; evangelistic efforts.
- adj. Pertaining to evangelism or evangelists; spreading the gospel.
- adj. Pertaining to the Evangelical school.
- adj. colloquial Characterised by enthusiasm and a desire to communicate belief.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Pertaining to the four evangelists; designed or fitted to evangelize; evangelical.
- adj. marked by ardent or zealous enthusiasm for a cause
- adj. relating to or promoting the preaching and dissemination of the Christian gospel
- From evangelist + -ic. (Wiktionary)
“Do not confine that thought of service, and feeding, and tending, to what we call evangelistic and religious work.”
“Raised in evangelistic hellfire, the teenager is violent, caustic, unruly, and cruelly intuitive.”
“There is something magnificently alluring about all of this, and part of me thinks that a movie like this probably works to achieve a certain evangelistic purpose.”
“In place of the former system, the Fundamentalists have created a system designed for short-term evangelistic work by a workforce with rapid turnover.”
“The nineteenth century was worse, if anything, than earlier periods, for it furthered what might be called the evangelistic slant toward novel-reading, the attitude that neatly classified this form of self-indulgence with dancing, card-playing, hard drinking, and loose living of every description.”
“It does not appear that, after their stay in Ephesus, Aquila and his wife were closely attached to Paul's person, and certainly they did not take any part as members of what we may call his evangelistic staff.”
“Russian prisoners could request additional religious materials, such as evangelistic works, psalters,”
“In a sense, this movie is "evangelistic", but for that non-dogmatic perspective that emphasizes not dogma but love, family, relationship, compassion, loyalty, and other things that are not the sole property of Christians, and which fundamentalist dogma is sometimes even a hindrance to.”
“When I think back about the experience, it seems pretty crazy, but at the time I was filled with a kind of evangelistic zeal.”
“This implies that these communities are preparing for some kind of evangelistic effort among the the young lesbians of America and female bisexuals who have yet to made adequate professions of faith.”
Looking for tweets for evangelistic.