from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a priest or the priesthood.
- adj. Characteristic of or suitable for a priest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to priests; order of the priests; high religious position
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a priest or the priesthood; sacerdotal; befitting or becoming a priest
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a priest or priests; sacerdotal: as, the priestly office.
- Befitting a priest: as, priestly sobriety and purity of life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. befitting or characteristic of a priest or the priesthood
- adj. associated with the priesthood or priests
Sorry, no etymologies found.