from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a rhombus.
- adj. Orthorhombic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the characteristics of a rhombus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like a rhomb.
- adj. Same as Orthorhombic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the figure of a rhomb.
- In zoology, approaching the form of a rhomb or diamond, usually with the angles a little rounded.
- In crystallography, often used as an equivalent of orthorhombic: as, the rhombic pyroxenes (that is, those crystallizing in the orthorhombic system).
- In botany, oval, but somewhat angular at the sides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a rhombus
Sorry, no etymologies found.