from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to three unequal crystal axes, two of which intersect obliquely and are perpendicular to the third.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having three unequal axes with two perpendicular and one oblique intersections.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having one oblique intersection; -- said of that system of crystallization in which the vertical axis is inclined to one, but at right angles to the other, lateral axis. See crystallization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In mineralogy, an epithet noting that system of crystallization in which the crystals are referred to three unequal axes, two of which intersect each other at an oblique angle, while they are at right angles to the third. See crystallography. Also monosymmetric, clinorhombic, hemiorthotype, monoclinometric, and monoclinohedric
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having three unequal crystal axes with one oblique intersection
Sorry, no etymologies found.