from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or exhibiting pyroelectricity.
- n. A pyroelectric material.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or exhibiting pyroelectricity
- n. a pyroelectric substance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or dependent on, pyroelectricity; receiving electric polarity when heated.
- n. A substance which becomes electrically polar when heated, exhibiting opposite charges of statical electricity at two separate parts, especially the two extremities.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to pyro-electricity; having the property of becoming electropolar when heated, as certain crystals; thermo-electric.
- n. A substance which becomes electrified when heated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or exhibiting pyroelectricity
Sorry, no etymologies found.