from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring without periodicity; irregular.
- adj. Physics Without periodic vibrations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That does not recur periodically
- adj. That does not have a periodic vibration
- adj. for which any return to it may occur at irregular times; not periodic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without periodicity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not recurring at regular intervals
Sorry, no etymologies found.