from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An orthorhombic mineral form of crystalline calcium carbonate, dimorphous with calcite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saline evaporite consisting of anhydrous calcium carbonate with the chemical formula CaCO3; it is dimorphous with calcite.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mineral identical in composition with calcite or carbonate of lime, but differing from it in its crystalline form and some of its physical characters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Calcium carbonate crystallizing in the orthorhombic system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mineral form of crystalline calcium carbonate; dimorphic with calcite
After Aragon .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Aragon + -ite, after the province in Spain, named by Abraham Gottlob Werner in 1790. (Wiktionary)