from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Spherical; globular.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a globular form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a rounded form resembling that of a globe; globular, or nearly so; spherical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like or resembling a globe; round or spherical in form; specifically, in common use, nearly but not quite spherical or globular.
- In zoology: Rounded and very prominent; projecting from a surface like a sphere partially buried in it: as, globose eyes, coxæ, etc.
- Having a globose part: as, the globose curassow, Crax globicera.
- n. A globe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the shape of a sphere or ball
From Latin globosus ("round as a ball, spherical, globular") (Wiktionary)