from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Egg-shaped and flat, with the narrow end attached to the stalk: an obovate leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like an egg, with the broad extremity located away from the base.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inversely ovate; ovate with the narrow end downward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In natural history, inversely ovate; having the broad end upward or toward the apex, as in many leaves.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a leaf shape) egg-shaped with the narrower end at the base
ob- + ovate (Wiktionary)