from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Including everything visible in one view.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. All-seeing; comprehensive, inclusive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Including everying visible in one view.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Seeing everything or seeing all things at once.
- Showing or exhibiting everything; allowing everything to be seen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. including everything visible in one view
- adj. broad in scope or content
From Greek panoptos, fully visible : pan-, with respect to everything, fully; see pan- + optos, visible; see okw- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From pan- + optic. (Wiktionary)