from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having reached full development; mature.
- adj. Having full status or rank: a full-fledged lawyer.
- adj. Having fully developed adult plumage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having all its feathers; able to fly.
- adj. Having full qualification, credentials or preparation; entire; real.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having reached full development with fully grown adult plumage; ready to fly; -- of a bird.
- adj. having gained full status; -- of persons in respect to human roles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fully developed or matured; fully organized and ready for action or use: as, a full-fledged town.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a bird) having reached full development with fully grown adult plumage; ready to fly
- adj. (of persons, e.g.) having gained full status
Sorry, no etymologies found.