from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of fledge.
- adj. Able to fly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination; -- of birds.
- adj. equipped with feathers; -- of an arrow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Furnished with feathers; able to fly.
- Hence Covered with anything resembling or serving the purpose of feathers.
- Equipped for flight; winged.
- Developed; matured.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of an arrow) equipped with feathers
- adj. (of birds) having developed feathers or plumage; often used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.