American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having the shape of a wedge; thick at one end and tapered at the other.
- adj. Stuck; jammed: couldn't remove the wedged quarter from the vending machine.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, wedge-shaped; cuneiform or cuneate: as, a wedged bone; the wedged tail of a bird.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of wedge.
- v. Internet In a web-server context, to be stuck, incapable of proceeding without help.
- adj. wedged or packed in together
“The phrase wedged itself into the space between her breaths.”
“Patrick turned back toward the trap and once again wedged an edge of the spring against the ground.”
“They're the ones who have the "presumptuous" label wedged into their tiny little brains, and they're the ones who will be flacking that until Nov. 4.”
“Am becoming paranoid there is some sort of parasitic cybergoblin wedged in the back of the IMAC, sucking them down like Murph’s tootsie pops.”
“The word practically wedged in her throat, and she flushed.”
“Kethry's hands unclenched, and one of them strayed to the hilt of a plain short-sword wedged in among the supplies tucked into the shelter.”
“MARCIANO: Before your picture fades out if I get one more question in, you mentioned it's kind of wedged in between two residential areas.”
“This looks to be from a gas station where the aluminum roof came tumbling down and just kind of wedged the car there.”
“Polarising the debate by deliberately framing the statement in a biased manner leaves the interlocutor "wedged" uncomfortably against bias.”
“The first 'ideal trade' that formed was just shy of Noon EST when price 'wedged' its way into a sort of flag - though clearly not an ideal flag - pattern into the resistance of the 20 period EMA.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wedged’.
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Looking for tweets for wedged.