Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Held by an anchor.
- Shaped like an anchor; fluked; forked.
- In heraldry, an epithet applied to a cross whose extremities are turned back like the flukes of an anchor. Equivalent forms are ancrée, ancred, anchry.
- In billiards, said of two object-balls which, with the cue-ball near, straddle a short line close to the cushion, because a player can hold them long in that position by playing alternately from side to side. This is possible only in games of balk-line billiards, and since 1893 has been barred among the best players.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of anchor.
- adj. heraldry Having the extremities turned back, like the flukes of an anchor.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Held by an anchor; at anchor; held safely; ; also, shaped like an anchor; forked.
- adj. (Her.) Having the extremities turned back, like the flukes of an anchor.
“The couple's willingness to pay 8,050 rixdollars for the farm, over four times Johannes's likely share of his parents 'estate, suggests they wanted very much to remain anchored in the Olifants River valley.”
“Newlin anchored the defense against Paris, getting help from a different teammate practically every possession.”
“The kids are sometimes called anchored babies because they can petition the government to make their parents citizens once they reach an age of 21, and that has led a lot of people to suspect that their parents conceived them just to get themselves citizenship.”
“That night the photographer's call anchored the drifting girl.”
“In the evening the _Lena_ arrived, 36 hours after the _Vega_ had anchored, that is to say, precisely at the appointed time.”
“The requirement of this project is to obtain one way, keyword anchored text links to 5 website's pages from Google PR3+ pages or higher.”
“All 100 links are to be keyword anchored text links; all links will point to the home page, with each link residing on a page that is hosted by a unique domain, with a unique server IP Address.”
“Each comment must have a minimum of three relevant keyword anchored links to my site”
“Basically mbt shoes outlet unemployed loans are accessible in two forms namely anchored and replica cartier watches unsecured.”
“All 40 links are to be keyword anchored text links; all links will point to the Home Page of our site, with each link will residing on a page that is hosted a unique domain, with a unqiue server IP Address.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anchored’.
Looking for tweets for anchored.