from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. For the most part; chiefly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Very strongly; mightily; to a great degree.
- adv. Principally; chiefly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By main strength; strongly; forcibly; firmly.
- Greatly; to a great degree; mightily.
- Chiefly: principally: as, he is mainly occupied with domestic concerns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. for the most part
From main + -ly. (Wiktionary)