from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Chiefly; mainly: a scholastic program primarily for seniors; a primarily middle-class neighborhood.
- adv. At first; originally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Of a primary or central nature, first and foremost
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a primary manner; in the first place; in the first place; in the first intention; originally.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the first or most important place; originally; in the first intention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. of primary import
- adv. for the most part
primary + -ly (Wiktionary)