American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. For a moment or an instant.
- adv. Usage Problem In a moment; very soon.
- adv. Moment by moment; progressively.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- So as to be momentary; for a moment.
- From moment to moment: as, he is momentarily expected.
- adv. In a momentary manner; for a moment or instant.
- adv. US In a moment or very soon; at any moment.
- adv. Progressively; moment-by-moment.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. Every moment; from moment to moment.
- adv. In a moment; in the immediate future.
- adv. for an instant or moment
- adv. at any moment
- From momentary + -ly. (Wiktionary)
“His expression momentarily froze, so she breezed past the moment by asking, “You must remember a lot about the missions of these ships.””
“The name momentarily stuck in her throat as Luz attempted to be more magnanimous.”
“ She had forgotten his name momentarily, too, and the priest had to repeat it for her.”
“She had forgotten his name momentarily, too, and the priest had to repeat it for her.”
“Logs in momentarily, but them jumps back to the login screen”
“That being said, if bias can be divorced momentarily from the partisanship engineered by K Street: what do you think on the fact that for the first time in history the House leadership is coming from a city on the Pacific?”
“About there or a little north all the channels started coming back in strong but would disappear momentarily is I went under an underpass.”
“A pup that snaps at your hand or struggles wildly when held on its back momentarily is hypersensitive and may be difficult to train.”
“But misuse of the word momentarily sends me around the bend.”
“At last Rupert lifted his head, his expression momentarily triumphant as he looked down at her briefly before turning in the direction of the sound of that approaching car.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘momentarily’.
A long list of adverbs, beginning with full-drive. Someone had to list them. This list in continued in the list More Adverbia.
Read some sniping and some informative commentary about a...
A list of new English words that I've come across.
for reasons various
Looking for tweets for momentarily.