from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a brief manner, summarily.
- adv. For a brief period.
- adv. To be brief, in short.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Concisely; in few words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a brief manner; concisely; in few words.
- With little length; shortly: as, in entom., briefly pilose, hairy, or spinous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a concise manner; in a few words
- adv. for a short time
brief + -ly, perhaps a calque of Old French briement (Wiktionary)