from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In an exact manner; accurately.
- adv. In all respects; just: Do exactly as you please.
- adv. As you say. Used to indicate agreement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. without approximation; precisely.
- adv. Used to provide emphasis.
- interj. Signifies agreement or recognition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an exact manner; precisely according to a rule, standard, or fact; accurately; strictly; correctly; nicely.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an exact manner; precisely according to rule, measure, fact, circumstance, etc.; with minute correctness; accurately: as, a tenon exactly fitted to the mortise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a precise manner
- adv. indicating exactness or preciseness
- adv. just as it should be
exact + -ly (Wiktionary)