from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in a specific manner, applying to or naming a particular thing or things, expressly, explicitly
- adv. for a specific purpose or reason
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a specific manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a specific manner; according to the nature of the species or of the case; definitely; particularly; explicitly; in a particular sense, or with a particularly differentiated application.
- With reference to a species, or to specific difference; as a species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in distinction from others
specific + -ally (Wiktionary)