from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. For a special purpose.
- adv. extremely
- adv. in particular
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a special manner; particularly; especially.
- adv. For a particular purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a special manner; specifically; particularly; exceptionally; especially.
- For a particular reason or purpose; by special or exceptional action or proceeding: as, a meeting specially called; an officer specially designated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common
- adv. in a special manner
special + -ly (Wiktionary)