from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In a precise manner.
- adv. Used as an intensive: Inferior equipment was precisely the reason some hikers refused to continue the climb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a precise manner; exactly.
- adv. Used to provide emphasis
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a precise or exact manner; accurately; definitely; exactly; just
- With strict conformity to rule; punctiliously; nicely; with over-scrupulous exactness in ceremony or behavior.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a precise manner
- adv. just as it should be
- adv. indicating exactness or preciseness
precise + -ly (Wiktionary)