from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Sorrowfully.
- adv. With care; attentively, circumspectly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a careful manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With care, anxiety, or solicitude; with pains taking.
- Heedfully; watchfully; attentively; cautiously; providently.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. as if with kid gloves; with caution or prudence or tact
- adv. taking care or paying attention
From Middle English carfulli, carefulliche, from Old English carfullīċe ("carefully, diligently"), equivalent to careful + -ly. (Wiktionary)