from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a tender manner; gently; sweetly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a tender manner; with tenderness; mildly; gently; softly; in a manner not to injure or give pain; with pity or affection; kindly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a tender manner.
- Kindly; with pity or affection; fondly.
- With a keen sense of pain; keenly; bitterly.
- Delicately; effeminately: as, a child tenderly reared.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with tenderness; in a tender manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.