American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. In an easy manner; with ease.
- adv. Without question; certainly: easily the best play this season.
- adv. In all likelihood; well: a mistake that could easily have ended in disaster.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an easy manner; with ease; without difficulty, pain, labor, anxiety, etc.; smoothly; quietly; tranquilly: as, a task easily performed; an event easily foreseen; to pass life easily; the carriage moves easily.
- adv. Comfortably, without discomfort or anxiety.
- adv. Without difficulty.
- adv. colloquial, not comparable Absolutely, without question
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. With ease; without difficulty or much effort
- adv. Without pain, anxiety, or disturbance.
- adv. Readily; without reluctance; willingly.
- adv. Smoothly; quietly; gently; gracefully; without �umult or discord.
- adv. Without shaking or jolting; commodiously.
- adv. indicating high probability; in all likelihood
- adv. with ease (`easy' is sometimes used informally for `easily')
- adv. without question
- easy + -ly (Wiktionary)
“To like someone is not a term easily employed by Klingons.”
“More importantly, you can now launch the Recycle Bin easily from the Windows Start Menu search box.”
“This was true of the ancients: “Pregnant women should above all else avoid repletion,” or overeating, declared the second-century physician Galen, who noted that “servant girls and other poor women” are not “stuffed beyond due measure with food,” yet they “reach their term easily, go into labor easily, and bring into the world a large and well-nourished baby.””
“And everytime I read the English you use when it comes to Hillary it easily translates as: "Unhinged.”
“The message was simple enough, the name easily remembered: call Tedesco.”
“If you can't read the label easily, it is prescription Silver Sulfadiazine Cream.”
“We are told that a fool is born every minute, and, the average man being something of a fool, the label easily catches him.”
“The title easily tops Hot Digital Songs and is set to become the act's first Billboard Hot 100 No. 1, with a hefty 39-1 leap”
“The title easily tops Hot Digital Songs and is set to become the act's first Billboard Hot 100 No. 1, with a hefty”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘easily’.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
for the books
Looking for tweets for easily.