from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a distinct manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With distinctness; not confusedly; without the blending of one part or thing another; clearly; plainly.
- adv. With meaning; significantly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a distinct manner; with distinctness; not confusedly, unclearly, or obscurely; so as not to be confounded with anything else; without the blending of one part or thing with another: as, a proposition distinctly understood; a figure distinctly defined.
- Hence—2. Without doubt; obviously; evidently; incontrovertibly.
- Separately; in different places.
- Synonyms Distinctly, Clearly, explicitly, definitely, precisely, unmistakably. The first two are sometimes distinguished thus: I see it clearly — that is, fully outlined from all other objects; I see it distinctly—that is, with its features separate to the eye. This, however, is a rather uncommon refinement of meaning. See distinctively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. clear to the mind; with distinct mental discernment
- adv. to a distinct degree
- adv. in a distinct and distinguishable manner
distinct + -ly (Wiktionary)