Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without sharpness or tenuity; obtusely: as, bluntly serrate.
- In a blunt manner; abruptly; without delicacy, or the usual forms of civility; in an abrupt, offhand, or curt manner; without circumlocution: as, to tell a man something bluntly.
- adv. In a blunt manner; without delicacy, or the usual forms of civility.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. In a blunt manner; coarsely; plainly; abruptly; without delicacy, or the usual forms of civility.
- adv. in a blunt direct manner
- blunt + -ly (Wiktionary)
“This one's about, well, a hotel for dogs, as the title bluntly suggests, but instead of Sandler's shrill barking and over-the-top gestures, we have the adorable and classy Emma Roberts (niece to Julia).”
“Schiller once taught them a lesson when he reminded the petty tyrants of the Press of his time of what he called bluntly:”
“A vote for Prop. 23 is a vote to turn the lungs of poor children into a snack for dinosaurs, to put it in bluntly Hollywood-ish terms.”
“A couple months ago, my senator, Dick Durbin bluntly stated that the banks own Congress.”
“When looking at a disaster in the making speaking about it bluntly is not a fault.”
“Without the self-canceling move into otherness via negation, philosophy's assignment, as Agamben puts it bluntly, is to imagine how a thing might be what it isn't.”
“To put in bluntly, the thought of a billionaire genius who can sit in his lab and create an advanced suit like that, is simply ridiculous.”
“It's fun, but everyone talks with the same rat-a-tat-tat cynical where they clash with respect and bare fangs in bluntly factual ways.”
“Another one where people come to caress daggers whose certificates of origin bluntly specify how many "Viets" they've stabbed.”
“And it brings me great joy to hear Mayor Nagin bluntly announce his fury.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bluntly’.
A long list of adverbs, beginning with full-drive. Someone had to list them. This list in continued in the list More Adverbia.
Read some sniping and some informative commentary about a...
Looking for tweets for bluntly.