from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a strong substantial manner; considerably.
- adv. To a great extent; in essence; essentially.
- adv. Without material qualifications.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a substantial manner; in substance; essentially.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the manner of a substance; with reality of existence; truly; really; effectually.
- In a substantial manner; strongly; solidly.
- In substance; in the main; essentially; by including the material or essential part: as, the two arguments are substantially the same.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a strong substantial way
- adv. to a great extent or degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.