from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Such as to be greater than usual; particularly; exceptionally.
- adv. Such as to be strange or odd.
- adv. Strongly associated with.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a peculiar manner; particularly; in a rare and striking degree; unusually.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a peculiar manner; in a manner not common to others; hence, in a remarkable or impressive degree; especially; particularly; strangely: as, he had made this subject peculiarly his own; she was very peculiarly attired.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. uniquely or characteristically
- adv. to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common
- adv. in a manner differing from the usual or expected
peculiar + -ly (Wiktionary)