from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a noble manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Of noble extraction.
- adv. In a noble manner; with greatness of soul; heroically; with magnanimity.
- adv. Splendidly; magnificently.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a noble manner.
- With magnanimity, bravery, generosity, etc.; heroically.
- Splendidly; magnificently: as, he was nobly entertained.
- Synonyms Illustriously, honorably, magnanimously, grandly, superbly, sublimely.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a noble manner
noble + -ly (Wiktionary)