from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Relating to morals or ethics.
- adv. In keeping of requirements of morality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a moral or ethical sense; according to the rules of morality.
- adv. According to moral rules; virtuously.
- adv. In moral qualities; in disposition and character.
- adv. In a manner calculated to serve as the basis of action; according to the usual course of things and human judgment; according to reason and probability.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- From a moral point of view; with reference to the moral law; in a moral or ethical sense; ethically.
- In accordance with moral law; rightly; virtuously; uprightly.
- Virtually; practically; to all intents and purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a moral manner
- adv. with respect to moral principles
moral + -ly (Wiktionary)